Net2/Emphasis/Ion/Smartswitch oddities.

Hi Friends,

Not certain this is the proper forum for this, but I'm not seeing one dedicated specifically to the smart series of products, and there is an emphasis involved, so starting here.

I've got a net2 system setup with an ion (controlling the show), an emphasis server (controlling house/work lights) and an elation stage setter-8 (Controlling Q-lites via a net2 node set to input) that all run through a pair of 24 port PoE switches.  From the switches, I have two Sensor+ racks controlled via edmx, and then a smartswitch enclosure that triggers approximately thirty relays.  To the best of my knowledge, the smart switch recieves data from dmx b on the second sensor rack, but I could be wrong about that.

I have two spaces set up similarly (the second space uses an express as control through a net2 input node, and doens't have the cue light setup), but recently I've been seeing a delay of anywhere from .5 seconds to 4 seconds in the triggering of relays through the smart switch.   There's no real rhyme or reason to when it occurs, and I can't reproduce it consistently enough to troubleshoot easily.  I haven't noticed this issue with the sensor racks, cues trigger fine from the Ion.  I notice it the most from the emphasis system, if I enter dim 267 @ FL on the screen, there is a noticible delay before I hear the relay click on.  My first thought was a delay somewhere in the networking.. but I can't explain why I see some delay on the Ion then.  At this point I'm kind of lost about how to go forward troubleshooting this issue, and would love some recomendations!

Related