Palette and Attr. Problem when recording

Hello

I had som struggles last week using cobalt 7.3.1 on a Congo jr 2008-2009.

I was in a preset and wanted to make a copy of that preset into a erlier preset in the sequence.

That ment that i wanted to overwite some palettes or attribute values.

So: I was in preset "20" and did record "10".

Then hit update with "record attribute when changed" checked.

Now..., it refused to record the new attributes or palettes to preset 10.

Why is that?  I have always done that procedure.  Is this a bug?

I did a workaround to solve it.

I went to "10" and did fetch 20 + color then update.

Now it worked, but it should work the other way to right?  

One other thing that's irritates me is if you track one channel. And you goes to a preset their you find a "all palette" recorded.

Then I am not able to change that into a color palette.

Why is that? Maybe I am doing it the wrong way?

It should be possible, shouldn't it?

Thanks in advance

Fredrik

• "Record Attribute mode: Changed" means "Do not record any attributes at all, unless I have explicitly changed them or said that they should be recorded."

- "Changed" attributes are marked in purple. These are the only attributes that get recorded.
    - There's a softkey to mark attributes as changed without actually moving them.

This mode is to give you the power to specify exactly which attributes of each channel gets recorded into the Preset (or Cue).
    For example, if you want to record the Pan of Channel 1, the Tilt of Channel 2, and not vice-versa, this is the mode you want.

Playing a Preset clears all the "changed" attribute flags to give you the clean slate to work from.

If you use this mode, you need to ensure that all the attributes you want to record are currently marked in purple - "Changed"
    - And of course, the ones you don't want to record are not!

I've found that many people prefer the mode "Record Attribute mode: Active" most of the time, only using the other modes occasionally.

This is a personal preference of course, it depends how you like to work.

Related