Programmer keypad Keeps Freezing

Hello all,

I am currently running the most recent stable Operating software on My Cobalt. I keep experiencing an issue where the key pad on my programmer stops working correctly. I cant seem to Select Channels through key pad, Select, or Deselect Channels. I can still select channels via My direct Select groups or by individually selecting the channel boxes in the "live" tab But after doing this, again I can not deselect ( normally I would by hitting *alt alt*).

I am using this console to busk live concerts so speed is an absolute necessity and having to restart in the middle of a show is Not an option.

Thus far the only thing that resolves this issue is to restart, and when I do a panel test, everything works and tests just fine. Any help or guidance would be appreciated!!!! Its very stressful to live in fear of my programmer failing during a show. 

Thanks so much

Parents
  • Hello Anders,

We have the same issue here. Congo Kid with latest Cobalt software. When programming or executing effects, or executing a sequence (with Go button), suddenly all keys on the console stop working. pressing ESC does not have any effect. But mouse works fine on the screen. we can select channels with the mouse, but nothing else seems to work. sequence steps do not move forward either. after a minute or so, every thing comes to normal, meaning sequence steps are executed, and so on. this is really annoying, especially because we are not able to make it happen again. it seems random, but it happens often when one or more effects are running. Do you have any clue for us? USB issue? HDD or mainboard? thanks for your answer.

And excuse my poor english ! i Hope my explainations were clear enough.

cheers,

Stephan
  • Hi Stephan,

your english is great and we understand what you are trying to say.

a few questions:

1.) When you select channels can you bring them up or down? or just select different channels?

2.) How often in what time period does this happen? (for example: 2 times a day?)

3.) What Software Cobalt is running exactly?

4.) What USB Devices are connected to the Congo Kid when this happens?
          a.) USB Mouse (from ETC?)

b.) USB Keyboard (from ETC?) Is something laying on it? Like a book? Or is it laying on its Buttons?

c.) USB Touchscreen? (Which model/make?)

d.) USB Stick?

e.) USB Wing?

f.) USB Remote?

g.) USB Hub? External PSU? What Make/Model? 

h.) USB Charger for other devices? (Please do not do this.)

i.) USB Harddrive? External PSU? Make/Model?

j.) USB Lamp? (Please do not do this.)

h. Other USB Devices? like uSB fan?

5.) Does your Congo Kid have a 1x or 2x RJ45 Network Connections on the back?

6.) Does the hour glass appear in the Display when the Happening? If so, is it turning or froze?

7.) Which Tab is highlighting orange when this happens? Could you please click with the mouse

on the Live Tab and see if the Problem goes away?

8.) Please try pressing ESC Button 3x times when this happens again and see if the Problem is solved?

Best send the answers to these questions to cobalt (-a-t-) etcconnect (d--o.t) com so you can receive

appropriate assistance.

• wow, that was fast. I'll ask my workmates and will try to answer ASAP to your questions. I think we'll have to wait for the console to freeze again... i'll get back to you very soon.

cheers
Reply Children
No Data
Related