Increased channel count & EOS software - coming to Cobalt as well?

Hi Guys,

I've read that the EOS family software on hardware & nomad is increasing the channel count default with it's latest version of software.

i.e. along the lines of "For the base unit, it will increase to a set amount, and if any extra channels have been unlocked then it goes to the maximum that the hardware can allow".

Is this going to happen for Cobalt as well?

Parents
  • Hi Ric -

Yes, both families follow the same drill. If you buy a console today, a Cobalt 10 and Cobalt 20 will have the same base output levels (4,096 outputs) and can be upgraded in one step to the maximum output level of 32 universes. Congo jr consoles stay at 1,024 base, but would upgrade in one step to its maximum of 12 universes. Light servers follow similar rules based on the type of hardware. If a console has been upgraded using single universe upgrades in the past, the version 8.0 update this fall will unlock the maximum output count, based on the hardware variant. There is no change for Congo Kid.

Please be advised, the old single universe upgrades are no longer available. An upgrade purchased today will immediately unlock the full capacity of the console. Your dealer can inform you about pricing.

Thanks!

Sarah
  • What will happen with the dongles? will they change or still be 256, 512, and so on....
  • Nomad Dongles at 256 will bounce up to 512, 512 will stay the same, anything over 512 will be bumped up to 6K.

Going forward there are only two output types of each Cobalt and Eos desk. You can choose a base model or a fully unlocked model. The base/unlocked is hardware dependent based on what the processor can support. (ie an old XP Congo Jr. may not be capable of a 6K output so it will be capped at 3K)

• So then it's the big qestion! The prize! I have a JR with 1024. Shuld I unlock 512 more now and get it up to 12universes with Cobalt8 or will the prize be same as one universe now?
Reply Children
Related