Busking in blind?

Hello!

Is there a way to "pre load" looks live and then fade them in at once?

i.ex. I did a show with one colour on the background and another one as backlight. Between the songs I changed the colours but I didn't want the same colour on the backdrop as the backlight so I changed them one by one. (Select backdrop group, [2] and colour pallet, select Backlight group [2] aand another color pallet ([2] is for the fade time ))

I remember that on command line desks this should be possible with a executing in the end of the string, but how do I do it on a Cobalt? I never worked in blind, is that the solution? there must be a way!

Edit: I use a JR! can't use the 2scene mode that you show in the YouTube video.

Parents
  • Not sure if I am following, can you just have a between song preset that you can go back to between each song? You can edit it in 'blind' to change the color using the preset editor?

Actual blind is a cool tool but to my knowledge only works with intensity parameters. if it worked with non intensity parameters it would do what you want, just roll up blind to full between songs.

• From the wish list sticky:

So I have looked in to the two scene mode. And I see how it could help a little. My problem there is I need then just for colour like five sequences (wash, sides, spots, footlights, cyc and if I have specials even more needed). And then a few for positions and not talking of the size of the beam sequence just for one type of spots.

I would like a mode like: press blind, select group wash, give them red move to Position 3. Select group spots odd, move to position 2 make red and open. And so on. Then press go.

Or if 2scene mode is used it’s possible to only use groups and effects on the masters and change them blind with pallets in DS. And save all the seq building.

You see the difference? To not first make all the pallets, and then make all the sequences and then find the right look in all the steps. And just start when pallets done.

• Basically, what I would do in that situation.

Have a preset 999 or whatever to be my 'between songs look' then have the preset editor always open in a separate window. I can make changes to the preset and update it. Then when I trigger preset 999 after the song is over it goes to the look I made in the preset editor.

I'd probably have preset 999 mapped to a fader so I can quick roll it up anytime I need it, but it could also be a button on screen.
  • So, you are in 999. lets say a blue look.
    now you want your Wash light go green and zoom in, the spots change to yellow and the cyc go red with orange side lights. in one go.
    How do you do that?
  • So 999 isn't used just between songs?

Basically the whole point is to have junk presets to throw major look changes in so if you are in 999, then have a 998 to go to afterwards. Same concept applies.

I haven't really played in two scene mode myself, it seems like it would work, but have a whole lot more setup involved.

• I don't know! you talked about 999. ;-)
    The problem isn't to go back to a fixed look. the problem is how to build a new look and execute that one in one go.

Here Sara talks about 2 scene mode. youtu.be/7PZU-kjdoHc

And here is more what I'm looking for (But without the Viz) https://youtu.be/gXd3bhA9psQ
  • Hi there -

We're talking about this in the team - thanks for the input!
  • Yeah, I think my explanation is failing us. Basically build the look in 'blind' using the preset editor and then execute the preset.

Regardless, I agree it should be easier, Two scene is a phenomenal feature, but I personally have difficulty getting it set up in practicality (I think this is mostly a result of my programming abilities than a criticism of the feature, if I put more effort into locking my masters down in logical patterns it would be more useful) Blind is an awesome tool but its only really for intensity, if it worked with attributes I think it would be brilliant.

You could also work in 'B' but again that is intensity only.
  • Yeah, I think my explanation is failing us. Basically build the look in 'blind' using the preset editor and then execute the preset.

Regardless, I agree it should be easier, Two scene is a phenomenal feature, but I personally have difficulty getting it set up in practicality (I think this is mostly a result of my programming abilities than a criticism of the feature, if I put more effort into locking my masters down in logical patterns it would be more useful) Blind is an awesome tool but its only really for intensity, if it worked with attributes I think it would be brilliant.

You could also work in 'B' but again that is intensity only.
Children
No Data
Related