fader wings

Hello,

I use Cobalt on Nomad puck with a Cobalt programming wing.

I am thinking to purchase a fader wing.

Can somebody explain me the difference between the Congo jr Master playback wing 2x20 and the Universal fader wing 2x20?

I get most of the technicals differences but what makes the Congo jr Master playback wing better (if it is)?

Thank you,

Kevin

• Hi Kevin:

The Congo Jr Master wing is only for use with Congo and Cobalt and cannot be used with Eos. The Universal wings and the newer wings we just released can be used with either software set.

Thank you,
  • The big difference is the Direct Select (DS) part. Where you have 4 buttons to access 4x40 Direct selects on the Master playback wing.
    Since the introduced the DS part in the DS dock and if I have touch screen/s I never use them. the only DS I use except on screen is in the little window on the JR, for screen layouts. But with V8.0's new screen system I think I will move away from that to. (It looks more like EOS in V8.0)

What you also have on the Master playback wing is page buttons to change pages direct on the wing, the JAM mode to make a 2 scene mode, Direct channel mode to just control plain channels a not working Device button just to mock you for not having a real Cobalt desk (there the Device button have a funktion), a quick button to change mode on the flash buttons and a Start to start faders on the wing.

So, is it better? I would say yes, but do you need it? that's up to you. I hardly use the extras on the wing.

EDIT: you maybe should look in to the new wings? the motorized once.

• Thank you.
    So at the end you are using the Congo jr master playback wing as a Universal fader wing? Am I correct?
    I am a bit afraid I will end up that way too.
  • More or less, yes. Maybe I could use it more and save some time but with my workflow now I could use a "normal" wing.
Related