Updating a Congo running Cobalt 7.1 [Answered]

Hiya,

I have a Congo Jr running Cobalt v7.1.1 but the fixtures that I am needing  to patch aren't in the Templates Library. 

I have tried updating the software to v7.3.1 in the hope that it'll pull across the library with it (I know that the one's I need are in the 13.5.4 library) but there is no option in my settings screen to update the software; just to Upgrade the desk or to update the firmware. Am I being incredibly dumb?? 

If i'm unable to update at this time, is there a way for me to just load the library without updating the software too? 

Thank you!

Adam x

[Edited to indicated question answered]
[edited by: AdamBattey at 3:18 AM (GMT -6) on Sun, Feb 18 2018]
Parents
  • Is the 7.3.1 file on the stick directly and not in a folder? if you downloaded a zip file you need to unpack it and place the files them self on the stick. not in a folder.
  • Hey - Thank you for replying!

Yep, the file is unzipped and on it's own on one the stick [I have tried this with both the update and the template library]. Should the desk just recognise it from boot? I can't seem to find an option to tell the desk to look at the USB to find the files.

Cheers,

Adam
  • Browser > Exit to System Settings, or choose System Settings from the Welcome Screen.

"Update" tab.
    At the top under "Software Update", there is a dropdown list of installers it has found on the USB stick, and an "Install" button.

Choose the installer from the dropdown list and click/touch "Install"

The installer needs to be extracted from the ZIP and the file "ETC_Cobalt_VERSION.exe" placed in the root of the USB stick.
    - A lot of unzipping programs put the files into a folder, so make sure you've moved the file to the top level.

If you are still having trouble, call ETC Technical Services while in front of the console and a computer (in case you need to move files around the USB stick).
    They are always happy to help.
  • Hi - I think you just confirmed what I thought my problem was.... I don't have 'Software Update' as an option. I have just updated my original post to include a photo of my screen for clarification but now that i know that i'm buttons missing i think I'll give them a call.

Cheers!

Adam
Reply Children
Related