Software Crash

After programming for a few hours today (and forgetting to save as often as I should) I had about 10 presets recorded, about 20 effects and about 8 new groups. I went to save and as soon as I hit modify my console crashed.  When it rebooted it came up with the recovery option but when it loaded everything I had done this morning was lost.

I just updated to version 8 earlier in the week and have done a few shows with it with no problems.

Has this been a problem for anyone else?

It crashed one more time when I tried to save but I didn’t have much recorded so not much was lost. After that It operates perfectly.

• Hi,

I am sorry to hear about your problems. Can you post the log files?

Regards,
    Anders
  • I will try to do that in the next day or so
  • 2018 3 2 13:29:47, Event=Error, Source=Application Popup, ID=877, There was error [DATABASE NOT LOADED] processing the driver database.
    2018 3 2 13:29:47, Event=Error, Source=Application Popup, ID=877, There was error [DATABASE OPEN FAILED] processing the driver database.
    2018 3 2 22:49:47, Event=Information, Source=Application Popup, ID=26, Application popup: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library : This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.
    2018 3 2 22:49:47, Event=Information, Source=Application Popup, ID=26, Application popup: svchost.exe - Application Error : The exception unknown software exception (0x40000015) occurred in the application at location 0xfa02d472. Click on OK to terminate the program
    2018 3 3 10:49:11, Event=Error, Source=Application Popup, ID=877, There was error [DATABASE NOT LOADED] processing the driver database.
    2018 3 3 10:49:11, Event=Error, Source=Application Popup, ID=877, There was error [DATABASE OPEN FAILED] processing the driver database.
    2018 3 3 10:56:26, Event=Error, Source=Application Popup, ID=877, There was error [DATABASE NOT LOADED] processing the driver database.
    2018 3 3 10:56:26, Event=Error, Source=Application Popup, ID=877, There was error [DATABASE OPEN FAILED] processing the driver database.
    2018 3 4 10:44:41, Event=Error, Source=Application Popup, ID=877, There was error [DATABASE NOT LOADED] processing the driver database.
    2018 3 4 10:44:41, Event=Error, Source=Application Popup, ID=877, There was error [DATABASE OPEN FAILED] processing the driver database.
    2018 3 6 12:24:34, Event=Error, Source=Application Popup, ID=877, There was error [DATABASE NOT LOADED] processing the driver database.
    2018 3 6 12:24:34, Event=Error, Source=Application Popup, ID=877, There was error [DATABASE OPEN FAILED] processing the driver database.
  • Can you either post or send us (cobalt -at- etcconnect -dot- com) the full log file .zip file? Unfortunately, just the excerpt of the log file doesn't tell us the whole picture.
  • I emailed it to cobalt@etcconnect.com
  • Thanks for the files. I have looked at the logs. However, I cannot see any recent crashes. There was one on Feb 27 but that doesn't seem related.

What did the crash look like? Did you get the dialog with the Source4 icon and the chance to report or did you get some other type of message?
  • Actually no dialogue box popped up, the screens went blank then the startup menu appeared. When I started the server instead of resume it said recovery.
  • Hi,

Have you had any more problems in the last weeks? If there are any other problems, please let us know.

Regards,
    Anders
  • Nope, everything has been running well. I’ve tried to recreate the circumstances on an off day and haven’t had any problems.
Related