V8: Why have you deleted "Logical network" in system settings?

I start to upgrade our consolles today to v8 and found that we can´t save "Logical network:" any more, so we just can press "Modify" on welcome screens on every stage and open the right settings.

This is not a big issue when you are in a isolated stagenetwork. But with seven stages I see a lot of incoming phonecalls about nothing works... becuase they push "modify" on welcomescreen and start up on wrong "stage".

• That is what they changed to Sessions i V8.0. You can still make multiple Sessions, and then join them or join your own at startup.
  • I know, but when you have multiple stage in same network and the lightingpeople come and just push "modify" on welcome screen... Then they log into wrong stage and nothing works when they check the rig. When it happens, they call me and shout. :(

Before we could set the "Logical network: 2" when you push modify on welcome screen you start up on the right network/stage... whitout bringing your brain with you that morning. ;)

Bringing it back (Logical network or startup network, simple with a checkbox under system settings and the sACN/ArtNet-setup page). It just mark right stage on welcome screen so we could still push modify instead of using arrow first (or press on screen).

Change little text...
    [edited by: MacTommy at 9:06 AM (GMT -5) on Tue, Mar 20 2018]
  • Hi Tommy,

I understand your concerns. We are looking into a solution.

Does a specific machine always connect to a specific session? If so, a temporary solution would be to remove all other sessions from the session list.

If you need a specific session to be "pre-selected" on the welcome screen but other sessions still available for selection, we need to add a setting for this.

Anders
  • Hi!

Every consolles is a backup in entire system, so I could get a consolles on the main stage if we have problem on a smaller stage. In this case I always need to change "net", because I physicaly move consolles from one stage to another.

If I use diffrent setups on every stage it´s only a backup when I'am on the theater. The old "logical network" was working perfect for this, so we could have the same settings on every consolles. Everyone could pick up another consoles pluged into the network and choose the right stage, and had it working in couple of minutes.

//Tommy
  • Hi Tommy,

I have looked into a short term solution for this. We will not be able to add a proper setting for this in System Settings as we are close to wrapping up v8.0.1 which is a bug fix release.
    However, I have added a new value in the Cobalt.ini file that would let you set the default session number, very similar to the old logical network setting.
    In the next feature release, we will allow you to set this properly using System Settings.
    I hope this works as a temporary solution for you.

Regards,
    Anders
  • Absolutely... This is something that only need to be changed when we move consolles permanent beteween stages. :)
Related