'Failed to connect'

Hello, I'm currently working in a studio where they have a Cobalt running as the main desk and a Congo jr as the client/backup. Unfortunately, whenever I try to connect to the Junior to the Cobalt I get a message saying 'Failed to connect' The Junior can see the Cobalt as I only have the option to boot as a client / backup but whenever it tries to connect I keep getting the same message. Is there a particular network setting which I need to check? Both desks are able to run as the server on the network but I just can't get them to talk to each other. They are both running v7.3.1. 

I'm sure it's probably something really obvious!

Thanks

• I have had a similar problem before.
    What I found to work, was a deep clear on both desks (save the play file before doing this), start the server and go into a new file with no patch, start the back-up, make sure the back-up is recognized and back-up sync starts, then on the server load the play file.
    For settings, make sure the ip addresses are in the same logical network and that the subnet is set correctly.
    Make sure that always transfer play to back-up is checked on the back-up tab of the system settings in the shell.
    You can also use the "ping" command under the network tab to ping one console from the other to rule out a network communication problem.
    Hope that helps, if it doesn't, I recommend calling ETC Tech Support, and they can help you troubleshoot the problem.
    Take care,
    John
Related