Congo Jr (Cobalt) Intensity Chase Effect from Groups

Hi,

I hope I'm just being really stupid and can't work this out - I've done this many, many times on the EOS (Gio) family consoles but can't seem to get it to work in a similar way on Cobalt.

I have four groups on my direct selects, and I want to chase the four groups in sequence.  Whenever I create a chase effect, it doesn't read the groupings and just creates random chases from the channel numbers.

On EOS I can edit the chase step by selecting the chase step channel spreadsheet field and then direct selecting the group - this doesn't work on Cobalt.  It seems once Cobalt decides what's in a chase step it's completely locked.

Can someone point me in the right direction?  All I want to do is create a simple four-colour chase from the groups?

TIA, J.

Parents
  • Do you have the same number of fixtures in each group? Are the fixtures in sequential order by group, ie. Red 1-10, Green 11-20, etc? If so, you can create a chase by going to the chase editor, arrow down to the chase that you want to edit and press [WIZARD], or insert a new chase,in the "Channel Distribution Editor" , select the channels in the top section, in the "Parts" box type [4] [MODIFY], in the "Distribution" box select sequential, click on the "EXECUTE" button.
    If there are different numbers of channels or the distribution is intermixed, select the chase you want to edit, arrow over to the "Steps" column, [MODIFY], this will open an editor to adjust the channels for each of the steps.
    Hope that helps,
    John
  • Hi John,
    Many thanks for your response.

I'm working with four groups of fixtures - these are not evenly distributed and are "random" fixture numbers. This is for a four colour chase in a theatre-style lighting rig.

Group 1 (Red) has 21,22,31,32,41,48
    Group 2 (Blue) has 20,23,30,33,40,49
    Group 3 (Amber) has 19,24,29,34,39,50
    Group 4 (Pink) has 18,25,28,35,38,51

I want to chase these four groups - and I just don't seem to be able to do it. When I arrow over the "steps" column, it's greyed out and the MODIFY key doesn't do anything?

Any suggestions?
    James.
  • Hi John,
    Many thanks for your response.

I'm working with four groups of fixtures - these are not evenly distributed and are "random" fixture numbers. This is for a four colour chase in a theatre-style lighting rig.

Group 1 (Red) has 21,22,31,32,41,48
    Group 2 (Blue) has 20,23,30,33,40,49
    Group 3 (Amber) has 19,24,29,34,39,50
    Group 4 (Pink) has 18,25,28,35,38,51

I want to chase these four groups - and I just don't seem to be able to do it. When I arrow over the "steps" column, it's greyed out and the MODIFY key doesn't do anything?

Any suggestions?
    James.
Children
Related