Difference between ETC Eos and Cobalt?

So I have done my fair share of programming and work on Eos boards, ion and element, however I have not worked on any cobalt based boards. I have read the product description for them and looked online but have not really found a good simple explanation of what the main difference are in their programs and what each of their strengths are compared to the other. Can anyone help me out?

Parents
  • One of the primary differences between Eos and Cobalt is Cobalt's ability to re-use Presets (looks) in a Sequence. In my venue that counts for speed, because I don't get much programming time. 

Looks can be played or re-used in numerical order or out if it, and repeating as needed, which I like for music and corporate gigs especially. If I've got a show with 40 cues, but they're all Podium/video/Podium/Q&A/Podium/video/Podium/lunch break/video/Podium, etc, I don't want to write or even copy 40 discrete things. I like being able to write 4 unique looks and re-insert or remove them, and if they need editing, just edit them once, not 10 times. CEOs don't hang out for long rehearsals -- I may have one chance to edit someone's face light cue, and it cuts down on errors.

Or popular music. If a song goes Verse/Chorus/Verse/Chorus/Bridge/Verse/Chorus/Guitar Solo, I find it simpler and faster to repeat. 

Partially because of the preset structure, Cobalt does not track. Programming as much music as I do, and as little straight theater, I don't often miss tracking. Most opera and theatre likes to track, and if I'm programming for an LD who wants to work that way, Eos would be the better bet. All my opinions.

• One of the primary differences between Eos and Cobalt is Cobalt's ability to re-use Presets (looks) in a Sequence. In my venue that counts for speed, because I don't get much programming time. 

Looks can be played or re-used in numerical order or out if it, and repeating as needed, which I like for music and corporate gigs especially. If I've got a show with 40 cues, but they're all Podium/video/Podium/Q&A/Podium/video/Podium/lunch break/video/Podium, etc, I don't want to write or even copy 40 discrete things. I like being able to write 4 unique looks and re-insert or remove them, and if they need editing, just edit them once, not 10 times. CEOs don't hang out for long rehearsals -- I may have one chance to edit someone's face light cue, and it cuts down on errors.

Or popular music. If a song goes Verse/Chorus/Verse/Chorus/Bridge/Verse/Chorus/Guitar Solo, I find it simpler and faster to repeat. 

Partially because of the preset structure, Cobalt does not track. Programming as much music as I do, and as little straight theater, I don't often miss tracking. Most opera and theatre likes to track, and if I'm programming for an LD who wants to work that way, Eos would be the better bet. All my opinions.

Children
No Data
Related