Channels/Palettes and Sequence??

Hi all

I don't know how to explain this right but I'll try.

I'm doing again a show that I do last year. Use some ETC ColorSource Par and 8 ETC Revolutions. The "problem" is with the Revolution and the All Palettes. I've got 2 templates for them,  one for the FOH and other for the stage.

We use the same light design from last year but the Revolution are in a diferent order. I'm talking only about the address of them because we've got all the Revolutions always with same address number (Rev 1 is address1 Rev 2 address 32...Rev 10 address 280). 

Now an example of the problem: So Rev 8 that is supose to be channel 608 is now channel 602. Ok no problem just went to the Device list and change the channel number.

- 1ºproblem but that I understand after a while. On the All palettes the channel 608 that is used it change to channel 602

- 2º problem that I don't understand. On the Sequence 1 that I use the channel 602 is recorded in some Presets (always use the All palettes) but now the palettes are changing too. Try to explain: Old show ch602 Preset 1 use All Palette 1 and on new show (and after changing the Device 608 to 602) the Ch602 Preset 1 is All Palette  28. On the Old show ch608 is used on All Palette 28 and ch602 on All palette 1.

So question and I'm sorry if this if complicated for me to explain. I understand the channel change on the palettes but why it change also on Sequence?? We've got to cancel the afternoon rehearsal because this and update all presets on the sequence with the right palettes. And only today we are going to correct the position of the Revolutions on the palettes. Almost no pressure because the premiere it will be at 19h.

Is there a way to swap the channels number on the palette without edit/copy manualy parameter by parameter one channel to other??? And on the sequence???

Hope you understand what I'm saying because for me this doesn't make any sense.

Best regards

Pedro Alves

Parents
  • Hi Pedro,

When you change the channel number in the Device List, all references to the old channel number in all palettes and presets will be updated to the new channel number. The data from before will stay but now linked to the new channel number. 

Do you want the data from the old number to be copied into the new number instead? I don't think that is possible.

Anders

• Hi Anders

That is right. I think that if an option like copy/paste all parameters from one channel to other it will be a nice thing.

After sleep I remember another thing. That is instead change the channel number just change the address on the Device List tab. What happen is that I had to pay some beers to the LD of the show for the confusion during the rehearsal the day before. All the palletes are ok, just a few adjust on pan/til on 3 or 4 Revolutions because the rest is in right place.

So I understand and it is logic that is If we change the Channel number on a device it change on every palletes that are recorded but on presets is not very logical for me.

It's the first time that this happen to me but now I know that is better never change the channel of devices just change address.

Pedro Alves

• The change should be done to both palettes and presets. Do you mean that this is not the case?

BTW: Are you using presets or cues?

• We aren't fans of cues we always use presets (AVAB users for a long time).

And yes the case is that change on presets also. So if on old show ch 601 as an All Palette 4 and ch 604 an All Palette 8 recorded after change the ch 601 to 604 the All Palettte is still 4 and not 8. I know that maybe what I'm saying is not very logical but some times it's easier change channel numbers that address.

Reply Children
No Data
Related