Creating concurrent crossfades

I am trying to create concurrent crossfades where a long slow transition runs on part of the set while other (move) cues respond to action in another part.

Both parts include traditional and RGB fixtures.

I have tried movefades, lockfades (locks other channels, but not attributes), one-shot chase sequence (which repeats despite one-shot enabled), Master link (can't get a dipless fade)

Does anyone have any tips on how to acheive this?

Parents
  • There are 2 ways that I can think about achieving this.

First & easiest - create 2 sequences running on different masters for each half of the set.  Use the main playback and action macros to trigger the "GO" on each of the sequences as needed.  I would use sequences using cues, so that I can synchronize the "cue" numbering.

Second- Record everything as move fades with attributes record mode as "Changed".  Then in the sequence list, if something gets messed up, you can fix it by deleting the channels that shouldn't be moving.

Good luck,

John

• I considered that.  I couldn't find a way to use GOTO on a master sequence (to get to the correct position), or control the sequence from either MIDI show control or the main sequence.

I tried changing the sequence to one-shot chase and loading it onto a master from the main sequence, so that it always started from the first cue.  It looped even with one-shot set.  If the sequence was longer than necessary, it kept control of channels after it was faded down.

• I considered that.  I couldn't find a way to use GOTO on a master sequence (to get to the correct position), or control the sequence from either MIDI show control or the main sequence.

I tried changing the sequence to one-shot chase and loading it onto a master from the main sequence, so that it always started from the first cue.  It looped even with one-shot set.  If the sequence was longer than necessary, it kept control of channels after it was faded down.

Children
No Data
Related