Is it possible to create focus pallets?

I may be missing something, but I have not been able to figure out how to record pallets on the Color Source.

Is this not an option?

• Hello Dave - 

Palettes do not exist in the ColorSource at this time. Color chips can be setup, but these chips set unreferenced values for all channels.

Thanks -

Sarah

• Hello Dave,

My recommendation would be to create several Playback Memories with your fixtures set up the way you like.  These would act like Presets on some of our other consoles.  In Playback Toy, you can use the Filter buttons to play back just the Focus or Beam categories.  
    You could also record a Sequence with steps for each of the Gobos of a fixture, for instance.  When you want to recall a specific Gobo, you would Filter to just the Beam category, then step through the Sequence to the correct Gobo.  Just be aware that at this time, all Beam information is stored and played back together - so if you have two Gobos in a single fixture that you want to save in various configurations, you'll need to create a Sequence Step for each combination.

• I was struggling a bit with being able to use both the color picker and some type of focus pallete, for a busking situation last night. Here's what I did - which mostly worked:

Created a bunch of playback memories with only position, for all fixtures, in the 10 playbacks 11-20.
    Then, ran the console in channel mode - so I could select fixtures and assign colors. On the screen, I had the playback toy up with the range set to those 11-20, labeled now with the various focus locations.

I would then select a fixture and assign a color, then on the screen use the touchpad to select fixtures and then hit whatever focus I needed. Having all the focuses in only 10 consecutive memories kept then on 'range' on the playback toy.

I have some conventionals also - it'd be very nice to be able to 'permanently' assign a color within the board based on gel color. These would change the bump button colors, but you couldn't actually use the color picker (since the gels don't magically change). How about creating that as a feature, for dimmer-only fixture types?
Related