Colorsource Consoles & Colorsource Relays DO NOT Tristate DMX when "OFF"

It seems that as long as they receive power, Colorsource Consoles & Colorsource Relays DO NOT Tristate DMX when turned "OFF".  This means when they are off (standby or relay-off), but connected to power (powercon or DC from PSU), NOTHING ELSE CAN DRIVE THE DMX LINE (such as preset stations or...anything)!

Can this maybe be fixed....in firmware? 

Thank you.

Bruce

Parents
  • Hello Bruce,

I am very interested if you found a solution to this problem. I have a Colorsource 20 and a Leprecon APC wall panel system that will not function properly due to the Colorsource 20 not fully "powering down" and allowing the APC unit to take control of the DMX. I spoke with support and they did not have any solutions other than "put a power strip inline to power off the console" which would be unacceptable for the installations we do. Two thoughts, is there be some type of relay that would disconnect its DMX output connector when it detects loss of DMX data. or ETC is there a software patch that would allow the console to shut down rather than hibernate?

I know this is a year old thread but looks like there isn't a solve yet.

Thanks,

Ben
  • What was done in the end was to install a push-button switch to switch between local (Leprecon) vs wireless (it just floated the DMX In line to the Leprecon). In this case it wasnt really a big deal because the wireless was never used without accessing the rack where the switch was located first. Not as elegant as I would like...but everyone (else but me) was happy in the end.
  • What was done in the end was to install a push-button switch to switch between local (Leprecon) vs wireless (it just floated the DMX In line to the Leprecon). In this case it wasnt really a big deal because the wireless was never used without accessing the rack where the switch was located first. Not as elegant as I would like...but everyone (else but me) was happy in the end.
Children
No Data
Related