ColorSource Console Individual Color Parameter controls

So I'm trying to do a demo of a LED uplight fixture with RGBW LEDs, using the Colorsource console.

The fixture in question doesn't exist in the library as a manufacturer specific fixture, but there is a Generic RGBW profile fixture.

When using the color picker, I can get Red, Green or Blue LEDs pretty easily, but I can't get the White LED only, because the color picker is using the RGB values to generate a "white" light, and doesn't know what to do with the White LED channel.  Even if I use the Personality editor to create my own fixture, it will still only try to blend the "white" light using the RGB channels. 

Therefore, I can't demonstrate this fixture to it's full potential.  (side note, I can demonstrate it if I patch this fixture as "dimmers" and use 4 handles to show it off, so I will do that in the interim.) 

In the Parameters Slideout, there are tabs to get to any non-intensity parameter of a fixture in Beam or Position, but there is no ability to get to individual color parameters.  I suspect this was a choice, but in this instance it doesn't work for what I want to do.

I therefore request that the development team look at exposing the color parameters in the Parameters pop out, so we can adjust any color in a fixture using the Parameter screen, rather than just via the Color Picker.  This would allow me to use the White LED channel alone, or use it to pastel out any other blended RGB color within the limits of the fixture. 

This would also be helpful in that if I get the color really close to what I want, but need to adjust one or more colors up or down, I can adjust just that one color rather than hope I can move the pointer in fine control just that little bit i need to get the color desired.  

Thanks.

Parents Reply Children
Related