RDM on ColorSource

Hi!
I can't get RDM to work properly in the ColorSource console. The fixtures are only recognised with the number of channels in the current mode the fixture is set, when the RDM function is on. The console lists the fixture as "Unknown". I can run Identify and I can give the fixture(s) a DMX-address from the console. But no information of the individual channels and parameters are identified in the console and nothing can be controlled. The only way to get control is to load a personality from the existing library or one made in the Personality Editor.
I have tried with both only one and multiple fixtures in the DMX-chain. I have tried at least four differnt brands of fixture. I have tried terminating the DMX-chain and to have the fixtures in a different order. I have had the issue both before and after upgrading to the latest software.
Current software version 1.1.1.
Library version 13.3.2.
Am I missing something or do I have a hardware problem.

Parents
  • "Unknown" means that the console has discovered the RDM device but it does not know what it is.

All RDM devices only give the console three things:
    1) RDM Manufacturer number
    2) RDM Model number
    3) RDM Personality/Mode number

Unfortunately many manufacturers don't mention the RDM model or personality numbers in their fixture manuals, and so the console cannot match them to the right personality in the fixture library.
    As it doesn't know what they are, it shows them as "Unknown".

If you have several fixtures of the same type and in the same personality/mode, patch the first one manually to tell the console what they are. Once it knows, it can display them.

Once you've done that, if you send us the log files from the console we can add these RDM numbers into the fixture library update.

• "Unknown" means that the console has discovered the RDM device but it does not know what it is.

All RDM devices only give the console three things:
    1) RDM Manufacturer number
    2) RDM Model number
    3) RDM Personality/Mode number

Unfortunately many manufacturers don't mention the RDM model or personality numbers in their fixture manuals, and so the console cannot match them to the right personality in the fixture library.
    As it doesn't know what they are, it shows them as "Unknown".

If you have several fixtures of the same type and in the same personality/mode, patch the first one manually to tell the console what they are. Once it knows, it can display them.

Once you've done that, if you send us the log files from the console we can add these RDM numbers into the fixture library update.

Children
No Data
Related