Sequencing effects on a ColorSource 20

Hi.  I'm trying to set up a club/party room, with 4 fixtures patched through a Colorsource 20.  Basically we want to run playback "A" for 5 minutes, then flip to playback "B" for a time, then playback "C" and so on, to provide a hands off changing environment over several "party hours".  I'm new to lighting consoles and still getting used to the quirks of this.  Sometimes the positions or colours get remembered between changing from one playback to another and we have to clear/Home the fixtures a lot to reset things.  Sometimes the lights seem to have a life of their own.  However, we can basically set up the looks we want and store them as playback memories to bumps, and manually switch between the looks (when it works).  The online documentation and videos are good but not enough when things don't go the way we expect!  It's not clear how we should be doing the sequencing.   

I can set up a cue list and add the playback memories with durations, but it seems erratic and doesn't so far do what we want, which is a simple ambition.  Is there a resource somewhere which clearly explains how to do this?  I'll next get my hands on the console on Friday so any tips appreciated.

Parents
  • Thanks for replying.  I'm not sure I really umderstand my problem ... There is definitely a learning curve :)  i have not explored flash, will do so.  What i expect is 

1. Store a playback e.g. static relaxing colour wash with our 4 fixtures not moving

2. Store further playback memories with strobe, spinning, colour changing, etc.  The aim is to have lots of looks which will roll into each other over a few hours, unattended. While we can manually go in and spice things up the idea is an unattended changing environment.  Starting with deep purple wahes, heading towards mad clubby effects and back to chilling out.  Perhaps!

3. This is where i get stuck.  I've been trying to add each playback memory to a cue list and tell each to run for say 5 minutes then move on.

I think i'm still not understanding cues properly ..  i will focus on cues and flash next time i have the console in front of me .....

• It sounds like you want to use the ColorSource "Cue List"

To create one:

1. Set up a look - probably with some running Effects
    2. {Record} > {Cue}
    3. Set times:
      In (time to fade lights up)
      Out (time to fade lights down)
      Follow (time to keep this look active before automatically moving on to the next) - 0 for "forever"
    4. {Store} to confirm
    5. Repeat until done

Once you've done that, the {GO} button will start playback and skip ahead to the next 'look', and the "Cues" fader acts as a master to the running looks.

The cuelist will loop around to the beginning when it reaches the end.

The "Crossfader" manually fades from "this" to "next" cue (look), eg if you want to change faster/slower than the In/Out times programmed.

• It sounds like you want to use the ColorSource "Cue List"

To create one:

1. Set up a look - probably with some running Effects
    2. {Record} > {Cue}
    3. Set times:
      In (time to fade lights up)
      Out (time to fade lights down)
      Follow (time to keep this look active before automatically moving on to the next) - 0 for "forever"
    4. {Store} to confirm
    5. Repeat until done

Once you've done that, the {GO} button will start playback and skip ahead to the next 'look', and the "Cues" fader acts as a master to the running looks.

The cuelist will loop around to the beginning when it reaches the end.

The "Crossfader" manually fades from "this" to "next" cue (look), eg if you want to change faster/slower than the In/Out times programmed.

Children
Related