Two boxes for the same dimmer.

Hi,

The only way I found to figure 2 different fixtures with the same DMX adress is to use the copy box in patch, and set the same channel & DMX address.

Of course, the console tells me there is a conflict in addressing.

Is there a way to display 2 boxes with the same DMX in a much cleaner way ?

Thanks

• You can have two objects for the same channel, but not for the same address.

Channel 1 Address 1

Channel 1 Address 2

This can be represented in either of the two ways:

The first is achieved by using the Duplicate Cell Button ( the + )

The second is achieved by patching a second dimmer and re-using the an already patched channel.

In Patch no distinction exists between Duplicated or Double Patched channels.

• Thank you Seth for your answer.

I've already understood the patching behavior that you explain, which is quite logical.
    My question was about the graphical representation : as the home view displays a physical image of the light plot, it could be useful to represent the reality as it is. In my case, some fixtures (on each side of the stage) are connected to the same dimmer (because we don't have enough dimmers to assign 1 to 1 - I don't like to work like this, but sometimes you don't have choice)

In the same way, have you thought about making different shapes for some type of fixtures. I think it's a bit difficult to make choices but with 4 or 5 shapes, it could make sense.

PS : sorry for making as much requests

• Can you set up a dummy address? for example if you have an AV you can duplicate into unused universes. On a non-AV you can add 100 or some other method that signifies to you its a dummy address. Chances are you probably have a block of unused addresses. The boxes will behave as you expect and since the DMX addresses are unused it shouldn't effect anything.

Related