Cue list management

I’m continuing this subject in a new thread to catch other people’s attention. In the “Spurious Parameters’ discussions I asked that there be better ‘random access’ to cues and Brandon reminded us that you can always use Cue List>More>Go To ##.#. This is fine, albeit a bit long winded, but you do need to know the number of the cue you want. However the cue list doesn’t show you cues earlier than the one just finished so if the director says,”Let’s go back to Charles’s entry”, and you want the doorbell cue you can’t just look for the cue with the speaker symbol on the list to discover its number, and unless you are clairvoyant you are unlikely to have flagged it. If however you could see the whole list, touch and hold the cue in question and GO it would take no time at all.

Folks may say it is dangerous to have the cue list scrolled ‘off cue’ by a significant amount but there is always the little version top right. There is some logic to making that portion of the screen an alternative [Cue List] button, as if to say’”Magnify me”, so you can re-allocate the main button to something else if you choose, and if the cue list is up, make it home the cue list to the active cue.

• We put the "current" cue at the top of the list so you can scroll back to the current cue by quickly swiping a few times, rather than having to notice the marker and stop.

The cuelist loops, so you can scroll down to find the cue number if you don't remember it.

On AV consoles you can also use the "Amigo" web remote on any browser (phone, tablet, laptop etc) to see all the cues.

• OK, I see some logic in making it easy to stop on the ‘current’ cue, but I would still regard having to go the long way round to get back during rehearsal a bit tedious. It’s nice to have the ‘inertia’ in the scrolling process, maybe continuing the mechanical analogy it could ‘detent’ on the current cue but not ‘end stop’, i.e. it would stop on the current cue but you could continue back with a further swipe.

Related