colorsource personality editor

i;ve never tried creating a personlaity before and my head is spinning.  the quickquide is definitely quick.  

i'm trying to make one for the chauvet slim par pro W because the newest version for colorsource doesnt have a working profile for this fixture.

the terms that i'm skethy on what to fill in is:

under the dmx begin end is i asume the value column in the fixture manual of assignments and values?

and range label is i assume the percent/setting?

manual doesn't specify 8 bit or 16 bit

Parents
  • The "Chauvet Slimpar Pro W USB" is in fixture library 15.0.3.
    Is that the fixture you have?

("Latest" is pretty meaningless, as there's no way of knowing what version of fixture library you mean)

On the editor:

DMX Begin/End are for labelled Ranges in the filmstrip popup.
    For example, if it has gobos or a (virtual) colour wheel you might want to fill them out.
    As the quickguide implies, these are optional.

"8-bit" means it uses 1 DMX slot (Coarse)
    "16-bit" means it uses 2 DMX slots, Coarse and Fine.

So if the fixture manual only has 1 DMX slot for the parameter, then it is 8 bit.
    Pan and Tilt are nearly always 16bit, most manuals call these two DMX slots "Pan" (Coarse) and "Pan Fine" (Fine).

"Home" is the DMX values needed to make the fixture be Open, White, Pointed Straight Out, No Macros, No Effects etc.
    The personality editor automatically chooses default Home values that work for most fixtures, but check the manual as they aren't always right.

• The "Chauvet Slimpar Pro W USB" is in fixture library 15.0.3.
    Is that the fixture you have?

("Latest" is pretty meaningless, as there's no way of knowing what version of fixture library you mean)

On the editor:

DMX Begin/End are for labelled Ranges in the filmstrip popup.
    For example, if it has gobos or a (virtual) colour wheel you might want to fill them out.
    As the quickguide implies, these are optional.

"8-bit" means it uses 1 DMX slot (Coarse)
    "16-bit" means it uses 2 DMX slots, Coarse and Fine.

So if the fixture manual only has 1 DMX slot for the parameter, then it is 8 bit.
    Pan and Tilt are nearly always 16bit, most manuals call these two DMX slots "Pan" (Coarse) and "Pan Fine" (Fine).

"Home" is the DMX values needed to make the fixture be Open, White, Pointed Straight Out, No Macros, No Effects etc.
    The personality editor automatically chooses default Home values that work for most fixtures, but check the manual as they aren't always right.

Children
No Data
Related