v 2.5.0 Issues and problems and suggestions

Using a new ColorSource 20 console with firmware v2.5.0

1)  How to Crash the console:

Record a string of sequence cues (Example 5) on a  play back fader faded. Open up [Playback Toy] then click on the  [view]  for the sequence you wish to edit. Select a cue, say the last one (#5) Select on the bottom [Copy Cue] ... Console reboots.  I did it to me every time and it keeps rebooting. the console I even tried it on separate sequence cue lists.

which leads to the second issue:

2) Console does not remember Sequence Names and resets to RUN on a full power down.

Going to the [Playback Toy]. Hold down on one of your Sequences, and an option to rename it comes up. Cool. Rename it to "My First Fader".   Now set the Sequence to [STEP] mode by clicking on the second square under the name of the Sequence. It changes from Yellow to Blue. Cool. Now hold the Power button, to turn hibernate the console. Once the console is shut down safely. Remove the power. Wait 10 seconds. Plug in and let it boot up. Go back to [Playback Toy] to view your playback faders. And you will notice that the name of the playback you renamed has defaulted back to "Sequence". And it's mode has switched back to [RUN].

This also defaults back all the split screen settings for each page.

Please fix this. error of forgetting. I sold this console to a client as a turn key option, and having to go back and reset the Sequence mode every time is not that pleasant.

3) Cue edit won't allow you to select the parameters you wish to record.

Grab a selection of moving head  fixtures. @ Full and change the gobo to slot 1. Press [Record], then [Record Playback Seq] . Select the fader you wish to record on. Cue list appears. On the bottom you can select [Include Options]. Uncheck Position. and then [Store & Exit].   You will see that Intensity and Beam icons are indicated.

Now open up that sequence cue list [Playback Toy] then [view] for that sequence. If not already open. Select the cue (cue 1.0) select [Edit Step]. now press [Store] and [confirm] you change. You will notice that Pan/Tilt Position icon is now added.  There is NO option to select parameters you wish to store. It defaults to Everything.

Suggestions:

A)  Add an option to move a sequence/Memory from one fader to another. Say I record a sequence on fader 3. But later, I want to relocated that to Fader 8. There is no way to do this with out deleting all that I did on fader 3 and redoing it all on fader 8. This is not OK if I have a 30 cue sequence. Or a fancy mover position sequence programed

B) For Sequences. Can you add (Say on the [Playback Toy] window) a visual of which cue it is currently on!? There is no indication anywhere. If you have a 10 cue sequence. Even in the Sequence View/Edit window you have no clue of the current cue that is active in the sequence.

C) More cue lists. I know the console is limited in what it was intended. but it can have a lot more power.  There is only 1 actual CUE LIST that can be programed. Okey, but why not a second?!  If I already have a show patched and programed with stuff. (Playback sequence and memories) You could have under [Setup] and option to choose which cue list you wish to use on a show. Yes I know I could always save the show, and open a new show based on the old. But if I change a playback fader, i would need to change it in both show files.

This is my rant after the first 12 hours working with this console (Coming from a Hog4 and grandMA view point)

Parents Reply Children
No Data
Related