3D OV - Offline Viewer

Hi All,

Is there an OV compatible with the Color Source 40 AV controller? I am aware, and use, the onboard 2d viewer, but, I'm hoping there is a compatible viewer so I can view my moving heads so that I can pre design my shows before show time.

Thanks

Parents
  • Hello, 

I don't understand the OV abbreviation , but if you are looking about a 3D viewer, I use Capture, and it works well with the Colorsource console.

• Thanks PBo67,

So I downloaded a trial version of the latest version of CAPTURE. I cant seem to see any response in capture from my fixtures.

What am i missing?

-  Connected a Ethernet cable between the console and the laptop running the CAPTURE trial version.

- Set my ColorSource AV to ArtNet (see pic)

- Added 1 Studio Spot 575 and set to universe 1 @ DMX 25, external universe is "automatic"

- Added 1 Chauvet Colorado 1 Quad Zoom Tour, set to universe 1 @ DMX 439 "automatic"

These fixtures are configured in the ColorSource as well in the same universes & DMX address. The fixtures work via DMX just fine. Just cannot see the output in Capture.

Please advise

• Hello,

Have you set the IP address of your computer in the same network as the console? I use Capture very often with the console without any worries.

• Hello Again,

Still no luck.....

Do you think its because im using the trial version of Capture?

How do I check my computer IP. Can you send me a picture of your Capture/Computer IP setting location?

The pic I provided above, shows my console settings. The scan code pops up when I plug the Ethernet cable into the computer. This is the only indicator that there is communication.

I have spent countless hours. its probably very simple. I am frustrated.

have not received any support from Capture Tech Support.

• No the trial version must work.

For the moment I cannot send you a picture, because the console is in the truck loaded.

But send us your picture of the computer address , un picture of the Capture setting (outil/option/connexion) and a better resolution picture of the console network setting.

It is very easy, when the setting is good

• No the trial version must work.

For the moment I cannot send you a picture, because the console is in the truck loaded.

But send us your picture of the computer address , un picture of the Capture setting (outil/option/connexion) and a better resolution picture of the console network setting.

It is very easy, when the setting is good

Children
  • Thanks Mafriend!!

It works! thanks for your patients.

However, I have another issue. Capture works for a minute then I get the error. Any ideas?

I have posted this in the Capture forum. This is a gamer computer with serious graphics (below)

…."Capture encountered an issue with your video card" "You can save your work, but Capture needs to be restarted. Update your video card drivers if possible and contact support if the problem persists.".... 

Hardware: (brand new, today)
    ETC ColorSource 40 AV
    MSI note book:
    Processor - intel 8th GEN CORE i7-8750H
    Graphics Card - NVIDA GEFORCE RTX 2060
    System Mem - 16GB DDR4
    Video Mem - 6GB GDDR6
    Storage - 512GB SSD
  • Make sure you have the latest drivers for your video card.

Related