Sound to light

The AV instructions say that sound to light effectively splits the audio into frequency bands, detects their amplitudes and operates virtual playback faders 1 Thru 6 in response. This nicely emulates the old fashioned sound to light mode as opposed to the more modern method of using the beat to trigger steps in a sequence. However it could look a bit monotonous if you can’t change the content of the playbacks between songs. Before I promise anything can someone confirm that the sound modulates the faders rather than the playbacks so if you summon a different page of playbacks you can quickly change the content going to the virtual faders, so you could choose between bass looks by programming them into playbacks 1, 21, 41 etc.

• This is correct.  You can get new looks in sound to light by changing fader pages. However sound to light works on the first 6 playbacks of each page. So To be clear based on your. I’m wrong that only works for a CS20. If you were on a CS40 then it’s 1, 41, 81. But I prefer to think of them as fader 1-6 on page 1, page 2, page3.

Related