Guide to triggering Eos via OSC from Qlab

Since I couldn't find a simple answer to this I've updated the Qlab wiki with details of how to control Eos over OSC from Qlab, to keep things simple I avoided needing to use OSCrouter, but this seems to work quite happily

Wiki is at https://figure53.hostedwiki.co/pages/QLab%203%20Tips%20and%20Tricks I have also pasted it below for reference.

Controlling ETC ION with Qlab 3 & 4 via OSC

Note: Requires QLab version 3.0.8 or later and a minimum ETC Eos Family software of 2.3.1.

On the console:

In the shell's network tab enable "UDP Strings & OSC"

Press [Displays] and expand {Setup} and then double click on Show Settings

Under the Show Control section, ensure these settings:

String RX: Enabled

String RX Port: 0
OSC RX Port Number: 9000

Note: Make sure your QLab machine and console are on the same network (and subnet) and can communicate before continuing (try pinging the console from the Qlab machine).

Within Qlab:

Head to settings > OSC NOT OSC CONTROL If using Qlab 4 then head to settings > Network
Set up a patch with the IP address of the console (find this from the about view on your console) and port 9000.

Create an OSC cue (on Qlab 4 now called "Network Cue"
Select the Destination as the patch you create above
Set the Message Type to "Custom OSC message" (Qlab 4 simply "OSC message" with "No Fade")
Set the message to:

"/eos/cue/XX/YY/fire"

Where XX is the cue list (normally 1) and YY is the cue, you can omit the cue list if you are using a single cue list on eos

Try hitting "Send message" to see if this works!

I have a hope that at some point figure 53 might integrate the eos OSC language directly into Qlab, however for now this appears to work fine!

NOTE - I have just updated this to show that the OSC RX and STRING RX ports must not be the same!

NOTE2 - Have changed the port as 3032 is the TCP port so I was silly.. Also added Qlab 4 info

Updated for changes
[edited by: richardWilliamson at 11:35 AM (GMT -5) on Thu, Oct 19 2017]
Parents Reply
  • String RX Port, should not need to be touched as it is not being used. Although Ideally it's not the same port number as the OSC RX Port Number.

Broadly speaking the OSC RX Port Number can be anything except I would advice do not use a port number within the range of 3030-3040, 5568 used for (ACN &sACN) or anything under 1024.

Children
No Data
Related