Wiring an "closed circuit normal" contact closure input for EOS ti

Hi guys,

I am having trouble deciphering the few official diagrams of your db-15 contact closure connector.  

So we are are trying to trigger a macro or cue on an Eos ti from a pair of pocketwizard wireless txrx flash triggers mounted on a camera.  So the tx on the camera sends signal to the RX wired to the console.  There is steady 3v dc voltage coming out of the RX node and when triggered it interrupts the hot/ground contact.  

For a regular contact closure input on just a hot and ground dc signal I would just wire hot to pin 1 (checked against hot) and ground to pin 2 (against ground) right?  Now how do I trigger and input using address 1 (pins 1 and 2) if I need the input signal to be a contact interrupt instead of closure?  I have 1 day to figure this out  yay!

Parents
  • Hi guys,

I am having trouble deciphering the few official diagrams of your db-15 contact closure connector.  

So we are are trying to trigger a macro or cue on an Eos ti from a pair of pocketwizard wireless txrx flash triggers mounted on a camera.  It's a long story.    So the tx on the camera sends signal to the rx wired to the console.  There is steady 3v dc voltage coming out of the rx node and when triggered it interrupts the hot/ground contact.  

For a regular contact closure input on just a hot and ground dc signal I would just wire hot to pin 1 (checked against hot) and ground to pin 2 (against ground) right?  Now how do I trigger an input using address 1 (pins 1 and 2) if I need the input signal to be a contact interrupt instead of closure?  I have 1 day to figure this out  yay!

Thanks in advance,

- Erik

• Hi guys,

So we are are trying to trigger a macro or cue on an Eos ti from a pair of pocketwizard wireless txrx flash triggers mounted on a camera.  It's a long story.    So the tx on the camera sends signal to the rx wired to the console.  There is steady 3v dc voltage coming out of the rx node and when triggered it interrupts the hot/ground contact.  

For a regular contact closure input on just a hot and ground dc signal I would just wire hot to pin 1 (checked against hot) and ground to pin 2 (against ground) right?  Now how do I trigger an input using address 1 (pins 1 and 2) if I need the input signal to be a contact interrupt instead of closure?  I have 1 day to figure this out  yay!

Thanks in advance,

- Erik

Children
No Data
Related