MIDI Over USB

Can someone elaborate how this works?

MIDI Over USB

Version 2.6 adds support for third party MIDI over USB devices. In the ECU, you will need to enable their use in Settings>Local I/O>USB MIDI.

I activated it on my @5.  What devices/sources can I use to input midi over USB?

Or link a generic Midi interface I should look at?

Parents
  • You can use any USB based Generic MIDI device. I've played with it and a keys/fader/button board. You need to configure show control to receive the messages. New show control list type network. New event MIDI string. This should get you to the MIDI event editing menu in the CIA where you can configure how it will respond to the type of MIDI message it gets. You then also need to configure the Action you want the message to trigger/control. Make sure you take advantage of the diagnostics tab(99) to see what messages the device you have plugged in transmits. I hope this helps you out!
  • Hi Druuka.
    I'm trying a little something using a Korg nanokontrol with the eos software myself but I'm still strugling to understand some mechanics. After the above steps you've advised Jason, how would I make the console sync with the faders on the device?
    Thanks.
  • disclaimer: i havent' tried that myself.

you can get the midi-messages from the nano to eos, but i don't think you can get the faders to move if you move them from within the eos software because Eos doesn't now which feedback to send. but you can get this to work with Luminosus. you can find more info at www.luminosus.org
    and there is a very informative video about exactly your situation here: www.youtube.com/watch
Reply Children
No Data
Related