Remote Trigger Wiring for Contact Enclosure

I've got a little breadboard setup and thought I'd post the photo of how to wire up the Remote Trigger ports on the back for Switches 1 - 4. 

This is just showing Switch 1. 

• Pin 1 (Switch 1) goes to one side of your physical button/switch/trigger
  • Other side of physical button/switch goes to Pin 15 (+12Vdc)
  • Pin 2 goes to Ground Pin 12

To build out all 4 switches, use Pin 14 (+12Vdc) and Pin 12 (Ground) to power Switch 1 & 2.

Use Pin 15 and 13 for Switches 3 & 4. 

EOS v2.6 reference for wiring can be found in RevC of the Show Control manual.

Parents
  • Here is the box I wired up.  Each jack has triggers 1-4 (aka switches 1-4) over a single cat5 cable.  Maybe it's overkill, but this allows me to have the 4 triggers run to different locations just so I have the option of using them where I need them without moving a single cable around from set to set. 

But essentially you could use just one RJ45 jack and run a single ethernet cable containing all 4 triggers.  I tied pins 2, 4, 6, & 8 to pins 12 & 13 with a wire nut inside the box.  So only the switch pins and +12Vdc pins travel over the ethernet cable, making it perfect for all 4 triggers on one cable.

I've tested this with a 100-ft db15 extension cable and 50ft cat5 from the box to a wall switch.  Works great!

• Here is the box I wired up.  Each jack has triggers 1-4 (aka switches 1-4) over a single cat5 cable.  Maybe it's overkill, but this allows me to have the 4 triggers run to different locations just so I have the option of using them where I need them without moving a single cable around from set to set. 

But essentially you could use just one RJ45 jack and run a single ethernet cable containing all 4 triggers.  I tied pins 2, 4, 6, & 8 to pins 12 & 13 with a wire nut inside the box.  So only the switch pins and +12Vdc pins travel over the ethernet cable, making it perfect for all 4 triggers on one cable.

I've tested this with a 100-ft db15 extension cable and 50ft cat5 from the box to a wall switch.  Works great!

Children
No Data
Related