Getting Effect time in bpm from sound board

So, for live performances, all our audio goes to our Behringer x32, and we run lights/effects from our ION. I have looked into all kinds of MIDI show control and timecode, but am wondering if it is at all possible to collect in real time the bpm of the music playing so that effect speed can be synced automatically.

I have seen the various ways of using external devices such as Enttec's DMXis, Elation's MIDIcon and Ableton Live, but I would like to continue controlling lights solely from the ION.

Is this even a thing that can be done?

Do I need some sort of device or program to convert signals between the x32 and ION, or am I looking for the wrong type of thing?

Parents
  • As per the post on the main forum the etc labs project at github.com/.../Sound2Light does support detecting a BPM value from an audio signal.

It can then send the BPM value using OSC to the ION, but as the ION doesn't have a BPM global value that effects can share, you have to list the effect numbers you want to target in the Sound2Light program.

If any ETC staffer is listening it would be great if there was a shared BPM value that effects could link to
  • As per the post on the main forum the etc labs project at github.com/.../Sound2Light does support detecting a BPM value from an audio signal.

It can then send the BPM value using OSC to the ION, but as the ION doesn't have a BPM global value that effects can share, you have to list the effect numbers you want to target in the Sound2Light program.

If any ETC staffer is listening it would be great if there was a shared BPM value that effects could link to
Children
No Data
Related