Midi Show Control to QLab 4 - more than just GO

Hi all,

We are triggering a QLab 4 show file from the ION. The GO cues are working just fine, but we'd like to build in some safety measures for show run. For instance, if something misfires/the op hits a double GO, he needs to be able to go back/stop all.

In the QLab MIDI Controls tab, it says it will respond to MIDI Show Control commands GO, STOP, RESUME, LOAD, ALL_OFF, STANDBY+/-, SEQUENCE +/-, and RESET commands.

My question is, how do I get the ION to send these commands? As I said, GO is all set and working, but I don't know how to do the others. Write a macro? If so, how do I format it?

Thanks!

Parents Reply
  • QLab really doesn't behave much like any lighting consoles, many things you take for granted simply don't exist.

QLab doesn't actually support the concept of "pause" or "go back" - once a action has happened, it cannot un-happen.
    You can only play another cue to cause a new action (or actions) to happen.

"Stop All" is an extremely dangerous action in QLab.
    I never use it because it will immediately cause silence and black projection - usually far worse.

If you have important QLab cues that are likely to get triggered too early then you'll need to write 'emergency back-out' QLab cues to put it back into the right state.

Children
No Data
Related