Need help with OSC setup.

I am using a few different ETC products Nomad, ION, and GIO. I would like to use the OSC app as a remote for say focus pallet setup and troubleshooting while away from the board. so far I have gotten my app and board connected in a way where my phone can receive commands form the board (with the red light on each change in data). going through my show settings I've gotten my RX & TX matched up where the transmit and receive are opposite, but only work one direction (My board "talks" to my phone but my phone doesn't "talk" back, It only shows commands on the command line). I don't believe I have a router set up, but from what I've seen it doesn't seem absolutely necessary as long as you have the "bridge" setup. I have seen multiple different IP's on my board and I'm not sure which set of numbers belongs in which textbox. If someone could help explain to me what I'm looking for in a more dumbed down way I would very much appreciate it. I'm not familiar with all the lingo of the other help forums I've been looking through.

Parents
  • From your description of "red light on each change in data" sounds like you are using TouchOSC. One thing you should check is in your show control settings there is a "string RX" enable/disable button. This needs to be enabled as this is actually string and OSC RX enable/disable. I'm guessing that is disabled at the moment.
    This is just a guess from what info you have provided. If that doesn't work we may need to get pics of all your settings related to OSC.
  • The string RX is enabled in both the show settings and the network diagnostics if that has any effect on it.
  • Next we need to determine which network port and ip address you are transmitting to with TouchOSC. Depending on the console it will have one or two ip addresses. If you hit the about button with a clear command line you should be able to find the ip addresses for the console. You sound a bit confused as to which one you have the wireless system attached to. If there are two of them I would suggest trying each in the touchosc software to see which one works. It does sound like you have the appropriate TXip address set in the console which is why you are seeing commands in TouchOSC. How about you take some pictures/screen shots of your touchosc ip settings and your console ip settings for us to look at.
  • Next we need to determine which network port and ip address you are transmitting to with TouchOSC. Depending on the console it will have one or two ip addresses. If you hit the about button with a clear command line you should be able to find the ip addresses for the console. You sound a bit confused as to which one you have the wireless system attached to. If there are two of them I would suggest trying each in the touchosc software to see which one works. It does sound like you have the appropriate TXip address set in the console which is why you are seeing commands in TouchOSC. How about you take some pictures/screen shots of your touchosc ip settings and your console ip settings for us to look at.
Children
Related