Q Lab Generic "Go".

Is there a way to transmit a message from EOS over OSC that will result in QLab just pressing "go" on the next loaded cue, rather than a specific numbered one? I.E. a button on the EOS magic sheet that will just press "go" in QLAB?

Parents
  • According to Figure53's documentation, if I'm reading it correctly, a generic Go is /workspace/{id}/go, where {id} is either the workspace name (MyCueList.cues) or the id displayed in the info tab of the status window (whatever that is).

This may be better asked on Figure53's forum.

Looking at the v4 docs it may also support a simple unqualified /go 

http://figure53.com/docs/qlab/v4/control/using-osc-to-control-qlab/

• Thanks! That solved half the problem. The other half of the question that I was struggling with was what command to send from the Element that could do the trigger without also doing something inside of EOS. From my understanding of string Rx, basically it transmits your command line over OSC, so I needed an EOS command that would do something to QLAB but do nothing on the EOS side.
    I ended up solving it by putting a button on my EOS magic sheet that fired a macro, and then not recording anything to the macro inside EOS. That way the command was ignored by EOS, picked up by OSC Router, and translated to QLab Go. I did the same thing for "panic" and "Playhead/next" and "Playhead/previous" so now I have a little 4-button QLab remote control on my EOS magic sheet.

• Thanks! That solved half the problem. The other half of the question that I was struggling with was what command to send from the Element that could do the trigger without also doing something inside of EOS. From my understanding of string Rx, basically it transmits your command line over OSC, so I needed an EOS command that would do something to QLAB but do nothing on the EOS side.
    I ended up solving it by putting a button on my EOS magic sheet that fired a macro, and then not recording anything to the macro inside EOS. That way the command was ignored by EOS, picked up by OSC Router, and translated to QLab Go. I did the same thing for "panic" and "Playhead/next" and "Playhead/previous" so now I have a little 4-button QLab remote control on my EOS magic sheet.

Children
No Data
Related