Having some RTC execution problems... Not sure what I did wrong.

I just tried out some RTC events over the weekend & I failed.

1) Is there a way to turn On a submaster from an RTC event?

That sounds like a simple question, but On doesn't turn on a submaster, it toggles.

I set a RTC event to turn on my pre-show look while at dinner... but before I left, I threw up the sub.

The RTC event triggered & "On" turned off my submaster.

As I figure, I could either set 2 RCT events. 1 to turn off because that's absolute, followed by an On 1 minute later... Or write a submaster to turn on my sub.

but that all feels like I'm doing something wrong.

2) I set an RTC to clear my cuelist at the end of the night. Execute Cue 999/0.

It didn't. Well, it kind of did.

The levels of my last cue were left, but the values grey. but the Cue was cleared from the stack.

and yes, the console was outputting that data.

The only remedy I found was to create a cue that autofollowed to cue 0 and executed that. A macro executing cue 0 did not work.

I'm not sure if I did something wrong or that's a feature.

Thanks!

Parents
  • Are you sure you didn't have your RTC action as Sub nnn Bump rather than Sub nnn On or Sub nnn Off. As bump does toggle it from what I remember - I did it wrong that way first time I used RTC to turn on haze machines pre show.

If you had manually typed Cue 999/0 does it achieve what you wanted as I think if you were manually typing it you'd have (without even thinking) typed Goto Cue 999/0 I think the first form is the same as execute and just runs that cue out of sequence but doesn't move you to the cue . So maybe you needed a macro that just said Goto Cue 999/0
  • OK.... I know exactly what I did with the submaster.
    I use timed submasters. The sub was at full as a result of me pushing the Play button on the fader.
    So when RTC turned the sub on, it didn't. It just toggled the bump button.
    When I did [Sub] 37 [At] [FF] [Enter].... The RTC Sub On did not cause a change.
    (I should have known.... EOS and timed submasters are a counter-intuitive mess.)

So my point remains.... EOS will treat a submaster at full differently depending upon how it got there. So there is no absolute way to predict what the RTC Sub On will do unless you do a Sub Out first which IS absolute.

Typing [Cue] ### [Enter] doesn't do anything anyway. So I'm a little unclear on what you're trying to say.
    Typing GotoQ 999/0 works fine.
    Typing GotoQ 999/0 after the RTC event did nothing. Channels were locked & grey.
    but a RTC Event executing Q 999/99 which is Time 0 Follow 0 Link 999/0 works perfectly.

Edit: I take that back about Goto Q 999/0 working normally.

It used to.... but Goto Q 0 no longer does anything for me.

It clears the Q stack, but the levels all remain now. in grey.

This is new thing and I don't understand.

• Problem resolved.
    (Someone else at the venue set those channels to GM Exempt in my absence. The Cuelists were already GM & Record exempt)
Reply Children
No Data
Related