Qlab 4 spitting out Midi/OSC to Ion running 2.6.4 xp failing

Hello all,

First off sorry for 2 very basic questions.. Trying to get QLab to trigger Ion. I first used Midi over USB (hence 2.6.4 as I believe this is no longer supported on XP units in 2.7) but failed. Then tried OSC. Failed again. Please can you help me?

Midi Set up via USB/Midi from Mac into the back of the console. The cable seems fine as it has a red light on it and when I clicked the Out port on my Midi device set up window on my Mac it flashes.

The setup on the ion includes MSC Recieve Enabled with a device id of 1. In Qlab Midi Show Control is ticked also with a device id of 1.

Created a cue in Qlab to trigger cue 1 remembering to change the settings to MSC and give it the cue number to trigger but nothing.....  not getting any errors in Qlab.

For OSC I currently have Qlab 4 successfully pinging to my Ion XP legacy console through a netgear switch.

I have set the console up to with OSC String RX Enabled. String RX Port:0 and OSC RX Port Number 9000 as per an example found on here...

In Qlab have enabled OSC and found the Patch in the network tab with the Port number 9000

Have created OSC Commands -  /eos/cue/1/fire - to trigger cue 1 on the console but it doesn't not trigger the cue. Again no errors on Qlab

In tab 99 I don't see any incoming stuff.... so is it my mac??

I know I am missing something so obvious so I apologise. But any help would be greatly appreciated as what hair I have left is falling out.

Many thanks  

Parents Reply Children
No Data
Related