EOS Nomad to Show Cue System (SCS) for cueing via OSC. Need help setting up and operating

I want the EOS Nomad (or ION Console) to fire cues in the Show Cue System (SCS) software to start an audio, video output.

I am having trouble figuring out how to setup EOS and SCS up.  I have OSCrouter installed.

Then I need to understand how to get Nomad to send the OSC.

Parents
  • I have go it working now. port 8000 was giving me the problem. That is the port OSCrouter listen to, not Show Cue System.

Now is EOS I can add the following to a cue {Execute} {String} /eos/out/scs/cue/10 where 10 is the cue number  on Show Cue System (SCS) that I want to fire. I have left the cue conversion string in Setup OSC blank because I don't want the same cue in EOS and SCS to fire each time EOS fires a cue.

If anyone has any questions about what I did, let me know.  I had to read between the lines (which there was none) to figure how to setup OSCrouter..

Tom

• I'm unsure why you needed to use OSC Router in the first place... Would you be able to explain the scenario? Most of the functionality of OSC Router, especially now we can send OSC to multiple end points from Eos, has now been implemented into Eos.

• The LD programmed the EOS. I programmed the video projection on another computer running Show Cue System. The EOS sends an OSC message everytime the EOS fires off a cue and it has the EOS cue number.

OSCrouter keeps the SCS from handling all the messages from  EOS.

Thats why I suggested using OSCrouter.

If I over looked something, please let me know.

Thanks,

Tom

• it looks like you want SCS only to react to some of Eos's cues? if yes: you don't need to use the Cue String setting in Eos. that way Eos will use its regular OSC syntax that SCS doesn't understand and will ignore.

and with Execute String you can still fire those cues you want.

• Yes.

How do I Execute String that SCS understands. It looks like Execute String has to start with "/EOS/out/..." Or am I wrong.

Can I use something like "/scs/cue/go ,s 10"?

Thanks for the help!

Tom

Reply Children
Related