aRFR Android compatability

Hello All! First post on the forums. Anyway...

I'm having trouble with aRFR after recently updating my phone with a custom ROM. I realize that the problems are likely the fault of the ROM, and not ETC's.

On the Play Store, I see that there are complaints that aRFR may not work with some versions of Android (mostly 5.1). Mine worked on 5.1, but the update I ran pushed me up to 6.0.1. (Official support of my device ended with 5.1)

The App starts fine the first time, and authorizes that I've paid for the license. It works fine until I restart the phone. After that, anytime I start the app it crashes, and puts up an error message and sends a bug report to ETC.

So: What is everybody using that works? Device/Android Version? I'm trying to narrow it down and find something that works with aRFR without having to flash and test a ton of ROM's one-by-one. 

Thanks!

Parents
  • I have a Samsung Galaxy 6 running Android 6.0.1 and I have not been able to get the RFR app to open since I got this phone. We've had no trouble connecting Apple or Android devices to our Element since the app came out, until I got this phone early this year. Every time I click on "connect" I get a dialog box that says "Network Error-Disconnected from console" (and a cancel button below that). Most of the time it won't even change from the opening screen; sometimes it shows the actual control panel for a few seconds and then gives me the error. I am using the same IP address, password, and other settings that I used on my Galaxy 4 (with earlier os versions) without trouble. My coworkers with iphones use the same settings and have no problems connecting or using the app.

The app had stopped working on my ipad before I upgraded my phone and lost access there. That also returns a networking error of some kind, but seems to be unique to my ipad. So I am back to running from the stage to the booth...probably burns a few more calories, but takes up so much time.

Any help anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated. This is starting to really affect my ability to do my job effectively.
  • Hey, did you ever find out the cause. Having same problem with oxygen os on a one plus phone, running 8.0. All other devices connect fine
Reply Children
No Data
Related