ETC Student Package

Hi,

I am a student and am looking into getting the ETC student version for use with my studies and the school productions I am involved in. I have come from using QLC+ which is very very basic and therefore have a Behringer BCF2000 and an artnet node. I was just wondering if I would be able to use these along with the usb 2 universe dongle supplied with the software?

Thanks in advanced.

• Hi Russc,

Student Package contains two pieces of hardware:

1.) 1x ETCNomad USB Dongle Key with 512 Outputs (1x Universe)

2.) 1x Gadget2 which has two physical XLR DMX Outuports

When you insert the ETCNomad USB Dongle Key in a laptop, it allows the Cobalt or Eos ETCNomad Software to output

512 Outputs via USB->DMX or Ethernet (sACN/Artnet) across multiple universes.

So yes, you should then be able to Output your 512 Outputs from the Student Package through your Artnet to DMX Node.

As for your Behringer BCF2000, Eos ETCNomad can't currently react directly from Midi INput via USB, but you can use

a software tool that will transfer the Midi Note to OSC on your Laptop and then it triggers Eos.

Have fun with ETCNomad!

• I also am a student who bought the student bundle comprising the Gadget II and ETC Nomad 512 dongle. For any young people like myself interested in production lighting or just technical theatre in general, I recommend this package enormously.

As for your query specifically, I am completely unfamiliar with QLC+, although an impromptu search reveals that it is a basic DMX control package. If what you are asking is whether you can use the Gadget II interface as an output method for that particular software, I am afraid that is impossible. The Gadget's driver is only enabled to output DMX signals which originate from ETC Nomad EOS or Cobalt. At present, I do not believe there are any plans to unlock the hardware so that it can be utilised by any application which supports DMX transmission. Perhaps someone from ETC would care to comment? I would be keen to know if this would ever be possible also.
  • Some additions:
    - With upcoming EOS v2.9 you can control maximum 1024 parameters
    - You can the dongle also use with HOG 4 PC
    - the dongle works also with macOS
    - Gadget2 can also work with RDM
    - with EOS v3.0 (this fall) you get an 3D Environment with AR functionality http://www.etcconnect.com/Augment3d/

Related