Snapshot and Time

ON Eos Ti 2.5 release version

{snapshot} 1 [Enter] [Time] produces error.

• Hello Ed,

I'm not sure this is unexpected. I see the same behavior on v2.3.3, v2.4.1, and v2.5.0. The Tab that is active after the Snapshot is fired will determine what Time is trying to act upon. So, if the Snapshot fires you into Live with "nothing" on the command line, then that would throw a Syntax error - just as though you pressed the Live key twice, cleared the command line, then pressed Time.

On the other hand, if the Snapshot fires and brings you to Blind > Sub, then pressing Time there begins to change the Up time on the first Sub in the list. If you have no subs, then there's an Error because again, there's nothing for Time to act on.

Let me know if you're trying to do something totally different than what I described (and therefore missed...).
  • I suppose it seems odd to me. Snapshot is terminated and when i hit time it should post time for current loaded cue. IS just an annoyance more than anything.
  • So from an empty command line you want the console to default to current cue for keypresses? This would be a problem. You need to specify what type of target you are applying time to. If you press Cue Time it will add the value for the current cue.
  • makes sense. Guess i have never entered time from empty command line before. Just seemed odd to me. Thank you Love your remote by the way!
  • It turns out that there *is* an SCR specific to this situation, 30593. It says that in the situation of [Snapshot] [ n ] [Time], the assumption is that the User wants Cue time when in Live.

That's planned to be addressed in a future version.

Related