problem with a fixture profile - Mac500 (Martin)

Hey,

i figured out that the possibility to spin the prisma on a Mac500 is not at it full capacity.

If you enter Edit-Mode, go to Channel10 (Beam Fx Select). Edit it and look at the second entry(effect Rot -).

The Mac500 Manual tells me that the DMX-Value shell be 20-149 (instead of 20-79).

Maybe it's worth editing it...

• I know this is an old post, but I just ran across it. I also have noticed a problem with this fixture profile. I haven't spent any time trying to fix it. Have you been able to correct the problem?
  • Hi terry,
    I just edited prismaspin on my own; set the dmx value in the range of the manual.
    It's not at its fullest. You have to access the spin with holding down shift...

But its working.
    Didn't used the mac's this often.

What did you figured out?

thilda
  • I'm not at the console right now, but if memory serves me correctly, I'm using the 500 GF profile. In that profile, the rot -/rot + values (in Beam FX Wheel something parameter) cannot be edited, otherwise I would have modified it months ago! I talked to Tech Support and they verified that the Beam FX Wheel parameter (I'm recalling from memory...which fails me quite often) is not accessible. I'm going to load the other profile (I think it's the 500 GS profile) and attempt to manipulate the parameter.
  • To expand on the previous post, I'm using the "Mac 500 M4 GF" profile.  This profile uses "Beam Fx Select" and "Beam Fx Wheel Mode" for the Prism DMX 10 parameter listed in the manual (see picture below).  I was previously told by ETC Tech Support that the "Beam Fx Wheel Mode" parameter is not editable by users on the ION and that is where this profile sets up the "Rot -/Rot + values...which are incorrect.  Below are the correct values and, as you had posted, Rot - (rotating prism, CCW fast to slow) should be 20-79.  I also looked at the "Mac 500 M4 GS" profile...it too, is not correct.

I'm thinking of changing this parameter to something generic (eliminating the whole "Beam Fx" thing for DMX 10 and putting the correct values in and see if that works! I still use these MAC 500s, but have just avoided the "rot -".

My assumption was, when I told ETC Support about the problem back a year ago, the profile would be fixed.  Apparently there aren't enough of these fixtures out there still in service that makes it worth fixing.

Related