"strobe effect" on ion

How do I program my lights to pop on and off in different colors. I have 8 lights and I want various lights to come on in different colors at different times.  I am assuming that would be using step based effects? Can something like that then be turned on and off without using cues or do I have to preheat a cut for those lights... Can I busk it? Hope this makes sense. Can you also simply explain how macros are used and what they are?

Parents
  • So I tried to build a Chase effect with no luck. I followed the step by step tutorial and the only thing I managed to get were the fixtures turning on. I recorded 6 different color palettes, selected my 8 channels put them in a color [record][color palette][1]. Repeated for 6 different pallettes. Created a new absolute effect and set action 1 to cp1, action 2 to cp2, and so on. Went to my channels, applied the effect, and all they do is turn on one single color. I took a screen shot of what my effect build looks like. Is there a way to pay pictures here?
  • So I did some more digging and think I found my problem , haven't had the chance to try it yet. Under the level column I was putting in an intensity level and from what I see I should be putting my color palette in the level column, Hopefully be able to try it out again tomorrow.
  • Figured it out, I was not putting the color palette in the level column. From what I have been experimenting with, when recording a color palette, I am recording the palette for a specific set of lights. Color palette (red) recorded to group 2. That color palette is then only referenced to that group. If I want to use that color palette (red) on a different set of lights, can I? Do I need to record a new palette for the next set?
  • "re-usability" depends on fixture type. if it's the same type, you can make your color palettes into by-type palettes. if the other lights are a different type of what you already have in there, then you need to add data. to get a starting point you could go to Blind, select one or more color palettes (ColorPalette 1 Thru 8 Enter) and then do Chan 1 CopyTo Chan 11 Thru 15 Enter.
  • "re-usability" depends on fixture type. if it's the same type, you can make your color palettes into by-type palettes. if the other lights are a different type of what you already have in there, then you need to add data. to get a starting point you could go to Blind, select one or more color palettes (ColorPalette 1 Thru 8 Enter) and then do Chan 1 CopyTo Chan 11 Thru 15 Enter.
Children
No Data
Related