Chauvet Ovation

Hi We have some chauvet ovation LED pixel bars. We are operating them from an Ion. They are set to 5C RGBAL 43ch mode. My question is. I want to put the first cell of unit 1 in red and the 2nd 2nd cell of unit 1 in green etc. how do I achieve this as I only seem to be able to this with the limes?
Thanx

bAz

Parents
  • It looks like this fixture profile straddles the two ways of Eos's current multi-cell handling.

For most fixtures, any Red parameter (whether it's cell 1 or 8) will all be "Red" and controlled together by default. The same goes for Green, Blue, and Amber.

On this profile, it looks like Lime didn't follow the same rule, so we'll look at standardizing that so they are all the same. The purpose of making them all the same is that they will all respond at the same time to the color picker. Eos treats a single channel as a single beam of light, and so it combines all of these together into one color control.

However, I see that's not quite what you're going for. To do what you're after, you'll want to edit the fixture profile in Patch and change each iteration of Red to a numbered version (Red, Red 1, Red 2, etc...). Ideally, you'd want to match the number currently assigned to lime. This will then give you each cell individually controllable, but you won't get the ability to have a color picker for each cell. Instead, the color picker will work for the "Red", "Green", "Blue", "Amber", and "Lime" parameters but not any with a number. There are ways to get this a bit more automated (create a macro that copies the channel's Red to Red 1, Red 2, etc...), but this is the tradeoff.

To edit an existing profile in the library, you'd need to go to Patch -> Fixtures and create a copy of the fixture. Make the changes you'd need, and then you'd need to repatch your channels to use that fixture's copy. (As a reference for you, the Eos operations manual talks about the fixture editor, and there's a few YouTube videos on the ETC Video Library page on YouTube that deal with Patch).
  • Thank you very much for your reply.
    I knd of figured as much and have rewritten the fixture to suit. Not had chance to try it yet though.
    Once again Thank you. baz
Reply Children
No Data
Related