Fixture Request Robe Robin 300

Hi,

Just chasing a updated fixture profile for a Robe Robin 300 LED Wash - Mode 5 (37ch mode). The current one seems to have issues. Mover starts off on blue and the color mixer seems to be crossed with the strobe channel.

Need for a show in 2 days. I have an ETC Element

Cheers

Parents
  • Hi,

Theres seems to be some incorrect channels. None of the individual color controls work. The color picker seems to scroll through all the different modes (color effects, strobe, etc). Basically it looks like incorrect profile.

Heres a link to the manual for the Robe Robin 300 LED Wash.
    www.robe.cz/index.php

Our Element 40 is running OS Version 2.2.0.9.0.2.

Cheers,
  • That personality was last updated in September 2016, which was during version 2.4.1, we're now in version 2.5.2.
    unless Sasha has a different solution this looks like you need to update your console software
  • Hi,

No worries. I'll give that a try. I was under the impression that a tech updated the software last year, so don't know what happened there. No matter. Thanks!
  • ah, wait. 2.2.0.9.0.2 is not an console software version, it might be the Eos version. what version do you see when you start the console and with an empty command line press [About]?
  • I'm with Ueli on this- we should find your correct software version and if you are behind then please update.
    After updating you might want to go into patch and patch these in a new show to test- as your old show will have a reference to the older version of the fixture profile.
  • I should add that based on the manual you provided the profile does appear to be correct in current software.

• Hi,

I haven't been onsite to check on our desk yet with the Element and updated software (will do later this arvo) but I've downloaded the pc based latest software. The profile is different to the one I have currently on the Element so I have no doubt the software is outdated.
    Can you tell me how the profile that you've built for 37ch works in terms of controlling the 3 rings? So there should be a master RGBW, then a separate RGBW for the 3 rings.
    Cheers!
    Josh
  • If you have current software, but an old showfile, there would be the old version patched. There is a Update Lib softkey in Patch > Fixtures.

Currently you get all the LEDs controlled as one zone. If you want to use the rings you would have to edit the personality. There are basically two methods:

Either you use one channel that has a set of RGBW for ring 1, then R2G2B2W2 for ring three and R3G3B3W3 for ring three. Only ring one can be controlled by the color picker.

Or you break the personality into multiple channel, the first has pan tilt zoom and other general stuff, the second has RGBW for ring 2 and a third channel for ring 3. Color picker works on all three rings

Both methods have their pros and cons.
  • Hi,

I've updated the firmware on the element. Yes it was out of date. However I am still having issues with the profile for my lights. The standard profile only has control over all the leds as RGBW. So its pretty much exactly as the M3 version. No changes.
    Can you patch multiple channels to the same dmx addresses?
    I could live with having it over 2 channels - 1 for all zones as 1. So its simple for users who don't need the rings and general wash stuff. The other which has the 3 zones so I could build effects/3 channels that control each ring.
    Cheers
    Josh
  • no, you have to decide if you want to have the one or 3 ring version, or figure out a clever macro that repatches. but that is bound to create more trouble than it solves as this also influences all cues and stuff...
  • I've tried making individual fixutres for each zone, but it keeps blocking out 10 dmx addresses, even though I only pick Red, Green, Blue, White as parameters. Is there a way to stop it from auto allocating Hue, saturation, etc?

Cheers
  • you need Hue, sat, brightness and intens. but if the column DMX is empty for the respective parameter, then it will not eat up addresses because then they are only virtual
  • Ok. I've done some more playing around. Oddly enough, if I made my own from scratch with just RGBW and blanked out the Hue, Saturation, Intensity like you said, it would still have a footprint of 7. But If I modified the generic RGB fixture profile and just added in the W, it was only 4. Strange little glitch.

I've worked out 1 way of doing what I want. Basically I have 3 of these 'zone profiles'. Then a Master profile with all the other stuff like you mentioned earlier.

Then on the magic sheet I have a master fixture, with 3 smaller zone fixtures under it. These are all connected to groups. Group 1 is the master and the 3 zones.
    Group 2 is Z1 with the master.
    Grp 3 is Z2 with the Master.
    Grp 4 is Z3 with the Master.

This way I can still select just 1 fixture to make it all 1 color with 1 click. But I can also easily select the individual zones without having to clock another fixture to move it or adjust other settings (like intensity).
    Otherwise I would have to jeoperdise simplicity and have to select 3 different channels just to make it 1 color.

Thanks for all your help! :P
  • i personally prefer having master and zone1 in the same fixture. otherwise you have a master channel with no intensity and that can sometimes mess with marking.
Reply Children
No Data
Related