channel labeling

It's always been a pain to me whenever wanting to label something a generic label opens and it has to be cleared before entering the wanted label. Took a few times to remember to do that after saving stuff with that generic name in the front of my labels. I never asked about having that removed because I figured if it was an issue with enough people someone would ask. I also figured there was a good reason to have it do that.

Well now I see something when labeling channels. Maybe it was always like this and I just never noticed but I don't understand why, sort of. When there is a blank channel label box, choosing to label it opens a blank label and the name can be entered and saved. But when there already is a label, which happened to me this past week, opening it again to either relabel it or to edit it, opens a blank box again. So when editing the original label it has to be retyped all over again.

Maybe this all has to do with complaints having to clear the label box and maybe this has always been the case. My brain doesn't remember stuff well these days. I know saving shows does open up the current name and it can be edited. Thank God for that and thank you ? number versions back when backspace arrowing allowed editing without having to delete in backspacing. That was a fantastic change.

So was it changed in channel labeling? Just curious.

Parents Reply Children
No Data
Related