problem with a fixture profile - MDG ATMe Haze

Heyho,

we used a MDG a few days ago.

And i noticed that the Fixture has a little twist with the channels 2 and 3.

Sticking to the manual helped.

Ch2 is Haze Output 0-100

Ch3 is Haze Off/Haze On

I made Channel 1 a normal intensity. this while i have even controll with the wheel. But i don't know if it is needed.

(Ch1 @Full is heating On!)

programmed with v2.5.1

• i agree that probably the second DMX address should be controlled by the intensity wheel.

but i don't see the problem with address 2 and 3. the way you describe in your post is the way in the manual and is also what the personality does. the current version of the personality was released in August 2016. could it be that you were on an older software or had used an old showfile that had already patched an old version of the personality?
  • you are right. the fixture is correct.
    What was the false thing than...
    i will check as soon as i'm in the theater again.
  • We use that same MDG Hazer. If I recall correctly, the output is not variable (governed by CO2 pressure set on the regulator). You have two channels, HEAT and Haze On/Off, both should be set to a SNAP value. I created a generic profile and included a "dummy" intensity parameter so that I could see on my Magic Sheet if the Hazer was on or off. I could share that info with you if you're interested!
  • One more thing to add to my previous post...(please accept my apology if this is a "no duh" statement!)

If you plan on using the hazer the whole show, make sure you keep the HEAT on (255 I think)! Otherwise it'll take up to 5 minutes before it starts producing haze again! Just cycle the on/off when needed.

We learned this the hard way...during performances we'll "kick" in the haze for a couple minutes, several times, to keep things nice and hazy. Techs were shutting off the HEAT and the HAZE, so when they needed a blast it wasn't working and got behind the eightball on the haze (lights without haze are boring!)
  • Now I really feel stupid...the ATMe DOES have a variable output! We have the much older APS hazer which DOES NOT have a variable output. So, I'll shut up and go back to coloring in my color book!
Related