Can i use Unison Paradigm with the element 40 console

We are looking at a new lighting system for a church and was wondering what architectural wall panel would pair good with the Element while keeping budget in mind 

Parents Reply Children
  • Yes Unison Echo works with the Element, or any DMX board. Do you know that Echo and Paradigm are actually a whole bunch of products that create a system. Are you thinking of a DRd rack? do you have dimmers that you would like to keep? How big will your system be?

Major functions you might want that Paradigm has over Echo: faders on wallplates, touchscreens, complex programming. Several other things like the contact closures require add-ons with Echo.

If all you want is some switches at entry points then Echo or Echo Flex would be great. Johns toggles simplify connecting to the console, but require the console to be on 24/7. The point of the gateway is to leave the console off. Paradigm has contact closures built in, Echo has a contact closure interface that would allow similar function directly. Most built in dimmers have at least one "panic input" that can be used with simple toggle switches.

For budget you might look at the ColorSource console. It's build to be volunteer friendly! The top of the line CS costs about the same as the smaller Element so there is full range of options.

I hear you on hiring someone, in fact I hear that a lot. My point is that consultants actually save you money, but it does work better on larger projects, like $10,000+ If you reach that PM me and maybe we can do a remote consult. A good local dealer is a great alternative. They'll want to be your source for the long term so are usually willing to put some effort in before you buy. But do stay with ETC gear. I advise lots of budget oriented churches to go all ETC, without having any financial ties, except that happy clients are the best advertising.

John: If you decide to sell your adapter you might make it with outputs for all 4 of the contacts. Including some generic info on momentary vs maintained switch systems. The best solution might be to find a company to sell your idea to. Someone that already makes things, and maybe has a wide audience of Eos users.... (hint, hint Anne)
  • Hi Rick,

With that in mind, I am going to go for Paradigm then, it looks like it will be better suited for the church. I have looked at into ColorSource line, but I wanted to go for the element for two reasons; 1: I already know how to use it, and 2: No volunteers are interested in lighting. My budget total is 10,000 or so. We are contacting some sellers right now around are area and they are willing to help.

To answer your question earlier, "How big will your system be?"; The system will be medium sized - Around 16 LEDs, some Pars and some Ellipsoidal's. There may be some ML's as well.

And Yes, we are considering a DRd power controller.
  • Sounds like you have a good path forward. Good luck, and don't be shy about asking questions!
Related