Eos Classic Replacement Value?

Good afternoon,

Our venue is sending our Eos Classic in for service, and we've been instructed to insure the shipment for replacement value of the console. Where would I be able to find such information? I have done some digging online, but haven't found anything helpful yet. Thanks in advance!

• Whenever I am asked to provide a replacement value, I provide the lowest price that I would have to spend on a new product that does what the old one did.

The Eos classic is no longer for sale, so you would have to buy a Ti in order to have the same functionality if your Eos is lost or destroyed.

I asked a dealer in 2015 what the cost of a Ti is, and this was his response:

ETC won’t give out pricing or quotes without registering it under a job name or address.  As such we’ll be cancelling your current quote request.

For the record, as of a year ago ballpark list pricing for popular ETC consoles are…

Eos Ti 4K – $38,000 to $45,000

Gio 2K – $18,000

Ion 1K – $7,000

(prices above do not constitute an offer to sell, an official ETC quote is required before current pricing can be disclosed)

For some reason, ETC wants to charge different prices based on who is buying the console and how it's being used. You could contact ETC and they might be able to tell you what you would need to spend for a new Ti with the same parameter count. Or you could just go with $45,000.

• It's worth noting that pricing varies widely in part due to the number outputs allowed. So matching yours will be important.

There's a used EOS remote processor on line; 8K outputs for $10,000. A 1000 output upgrade is somewhere around $1000.
Related