possible bug: Effect 60.1 CycleTime CopyTo Effect 60.3

The following command

Effect 60.1 CycleTime CopyTo Effect 60.3 ♦

Does copy the whole effect 60.1 into effect 60.3, overwriting it, instead of just copying the CycleTime.

• copying properties of effects to another effect is not a thing. yes, the syntax should throw an error instead of claiming that it works.
  • Same problem exists trying to copy the BPM from one effect to another.

My work around to propagate the BPM across 30+ effects was a macro that said

Effect 40 BPM Macro_Button 99
    Effect 41 BPM Macro_Button 99

And then in Macro_Button 99 I just put the BPM value i wanted to use and fired up the first macro. (front ended this with a magic sheet and a few more macros, so during the show I can press a song and it sets the effects to the BPM for that song)
  • It should not "throw an error", it should simply copy the attribute. My goodness, this is not a V0.5 beta for a just brand new freeware product. I'd bet 500€ that I can implement this in under 24h if someone gives me the sourcecode, reading and understanding it included…!
  • Things aren't that simple on software running probably a thousand shows as I write this post.
    This is not freeware software and all features aren't just added because they can straight away, theres a list!

I used Eos pre v1 and a lot has been added since.

Feel free so go and build you're own freeware lighting software and compete with ETC.
    Or chill and ask politely and it will be add to the long list!
Related