Select Manual Channels by User

Hej Folks,

is there a way to select manual channels depending on the user who brought them up?
For example I´m programming cues on the main and my colleague is doing presets on the backup and now I want to update only the channels I manipulated to my Q or he just want´s to grab the bunch of fixtures he has been working on. Is there a way to do something like "Select-Manual-User1"?

Thx in advance!

Parents
  • Hello dear ETC-People,

as this topic was brought up on facebook again I wanted to bring it up here once more as well.
    There are still people out there who would like to have something like a "select-by-user" :-)

So: Feature-Request!

Thanks a lot

• Hi,

I know this is just a *workaround* to your request and not exactly what you'd like to have, but maybe it helps anyway: I use Partitions to avoid messing with other user's manual stuff. If the Partition needs to be "dynamic" because multiple users are working with the same channel range (what seems to be your case), I have a have a macro that updates a "working Partition" to the last selected channels and gets me to that that Partition at the same time.

But your request is reasonable anyway Slight smile

Cheers,

Matthias

• Hej Matze,

that Partition-Macro thing sounds interesting. What I do now is having a temporary group.
    I use this temp-group when I know (or anticipate) I´ll need a selection again + something else my designer haven´t told me yet. 
    Thing is that SelectLast won´t work in those cases ´cause those channels can pile up over quite a while...
    So I try to keep my group 999 updatet in those cases and then SelectLast_+_Group_999 will work.
    And if it´s my decision how to organize my showfile I have tons of groups and sub-groups anyway what can help as well.
    But I´ll add a "Partition-Changing-Makro" into my macro set for shure!

Thanks a lot for your response & inspiration!

• Hej Matze,

that Partition-Macro thing sounds interesting. What I do now is having a temporary group.
    I use this temp-group when I know (or anticipate) I´ll need a selection again + something else my designer haven´t told me yet. 
    Thing is that SelectLast won´t work in those cases ´cause those channels can pile up over quite a while...
    So I try to keep my group 999 updatet in those cases and then SelectLast_+_Group_999 will work.
    And if it´s my decision how to organize my showfile I have tons of groups and sub-groups anyway what can help as well.
    But I´ll add a "Partition-Changing-Makro" into my macro set for shure!

Thanks a lot for your response & inspiration!

Children
No Data
Related