Eos Nomad and USB Midi fader wing

On the ETC Nomad page under Mac it says you can use a "Third-party USB-MIDI panels via Direct MIDI". Has anyone used one? Which one works best? 

Thanks,

Tony 

Parents
  • Could you please tell me how? It works fine for me, nano korg, eos + luminosus, all on 1 mac, but I have to be on the wifi network!
    Once off the wifi it stops working - not so reliable.... have you the solution for this please! thanks so much
  • As Bartfly says it needs a network interface active for the two bits to talk to each other.

In theory it ought to be able to use the so called loopback adaptor which is always there on address 127.0.0.1 but I think EOS explicitly ignores that interface as when I've used the ETClabs sound to light project talking to the nomads on the same machine it wouldn't work until I gave it a real network.

I've not tried this but there is a reasonable chance that adding an alias to the loopback adaptor on the mac to give it a normal IP address will allow it to use it.

To do that the command on a mac in terminal is

sudo ifconfig lo0 alias 172.16.100.1

which would give it that address until next reboot or until you type sudo ifconfig lo0 -alias 172.16.100.1

(You might want to make sure you are not on wifi and that you start both programs after doing that command in case one of them tries to use the wrong interface if two are available)
  • As Bartfly says it needs a network interface active for the two bits to talk to each other.

In theory it ought to be able to use the so called loopback adaptor which is always there on address 127.0.0.1 but I think EOS explicitly ignores that interface as when I've used the ETClabs sound to light project talking to the nomads on the same machine it wouldn't work until I gave it a real network.

I've not tried this but there is a reasonable chance that adding an alias to the loopback adaptor on the mac to give it a normal IP address will allow it to use it.

To do that the command on a mac in terminal is

sudo ifconfig lo0 alias 172.16.100.1

which would give it that address until next reboot or until you type sudo ifconfig lo0 -alias 172.16.100.1

(You might want to make sure you are not on wifi and that you start both programs after doing that command in case one of them tries to use the wrong interface if two are available)
Children
Related